Please copy out the Latin, put a red line where you will be supplying the THAT, circle the accusatives and underline the infinitive.
Then translate. Remember there is no word for THAT in the Latin. We brittanici add it in.
eg.
scimus RED LINE pueros stultos (CIRCLED) esse (UNDERLINED).
scimus pueros stultos esse. We know that boys are stupid.
I know that that is not extremely clear but do your best (scio illud non clarissimum esse....)
1.) nuntius dicit hostes appropinquare.
2.) scimus puellas in horto manere.
3.) pater intellegit filium bene doceri. (passive infinitive..... careful)
4.) servi dicunt pueros in horto ludere.
5.) puella scit canem sub arbore dormire.
6.) milites putant iter esse longissimum.
7.) intelligimus pueros leonem timere.
8.) credo milites hos montes superare posse.
9.) Polyphemus videt Graecos effugere conari. (infinitive of a deponent verb...)
10.) Romani audiunt tria oppida a Boudicca oppugnari. (passive again.....)
Please learn the infinitve forms, particularly the active forms.
parare, paravisse, paraturus esse
monere, monuisse, moniturus esse
mittere, misisse, missurus esse
capere, cepisse, capturus esse
audire, audivisse, auditurus esse
The passive forms are
parari, paratus esse
moneri, monitus esse
mitti, missus esse
capi, captus esse
audiri, auditus esse
The passive form in the Groups 3 and 3/4 in the present is short. This should seem to make sense if you remember that these verbs have very weak vowels that often drop away.
Friday, 11 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Miss Leek.
It's Ery.
I hope you're having a good weekend I was just wondering what the work 'putant' means. I can't seem to find it in our vocabulary list and I don't know what it means. I guess it means something like 'they know' but I'm not sure.
Thanks.
Ery.
dear miss leek
emily and micha here!
thank you very much for giving us the extra time in the lesson to complete the homework, we really appreciate having this extra time to take it slowly and understand the work
thanks!
emily and micha :]xx
(Y)
Post a Comment